Are you the type of person who likes ensure that the product quality meets the set specifications? This role you will utilize manual measuring to validate and measure production and purchased parts. We’re looking for someone that problem-solve and confer with management or engineering staff to resolve quality and manufacturing issues.
What You’ll Do
1. Show knowledge of GD&T and the ability to apply those principles during CMM operation and report interpretation.
2. Learn to qualify, calibrate, and operate portable arm, laser tracker, 3D scanner, and bridge CMM equipment.
3. Closely interact and effectively communicate with personnel responsible for fixture design, manufacturing equipment programming, welding, and product engineering.
4. Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability in resolving complex problems arising during the fabrication process. Includes investigation and recommendations for productivity enhancements.
5. Accurately interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or solid models and confer with management or engineering staff to resolve quality and manufacturing issues.
6. Communicate out of tolerance findings to the appropriate person(s). This is to include help with understanding the data and aiding in what needs to be changed to correct the issues.
What We’re Looking For
- Associates degree in Machine Technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of previous experience in machining, machine programming; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience working with written shop processes, engineering blueprints, engineering change notices, work instructions, procedures.
Vermeer Corporation delivers a real impact in a progressing world through the manufacture of high-quality equipment. With yellow iron at their side, our customers in more than 60 nations feed and fuel their communities, connect people to the necessities of life and manage natural resources. Vermeer is headquartered in Pella, Iowa, U.S.A. and employs more than 4,000 team members around the world, with regional offices in Brazil, the Netherlands and Singapore; additional manufacturing facilities in South Dakota, South Carolina, Florida and Tianjin; and more than 600 dealers located around the world. Our customers work in the underground construction, surface mining, tree care, environmental and agricultural industries and use Vermeer machines because they carry a reputation for being built tough, built to perform and built for value.