PEARCE is the nation’s leading service provider for critical telecom and network infrastructure, renewable energy installations (solar and wind), EV charging stations, and large-scale power generation and batteries. With over 1800 team members operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing over 50,000 unique locations nationwide, Pearce provides a comprehensive service experience to our customers by offering a wide range of telecom and renewable energy assets maintenance, repair, and repowering. Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. Learn more about Pearce Services at www.Pearce-Services.comandwww.Pearce-Renewables.com.
Pearce seeks talented and motivated candidates for a Senior Electrical Engineer role focused primarily on residential, commercial, and utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects. Secondary areas of focus will include electric vehicle charging station design and various project types in the telecom sector. The selected candidate will engage with Pearce's civil, structural, and electrical design teams and our clients to provide innovative, forward-thinking design solutions to facilitate solar project development, design, and construction.
• Oversee and seal residential, commercial, and utility-scale solar PV system designs, including interconnection, single line diagrams, bid sets, construction sets, and as-built drawings.
• Work closely with Business Development and field services teams to deeply understand the customer's needs to design the optimal solution for each project.
• Create, implement, and maintain quality control
• Attend customer meetings and presentations throughout the sales cycle, if necessary.
• Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, including activities associated with clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other firms, and assigning personnel to phases and elements.
• Attend pre-construction meetings and progress meetings and develop meeting minutes.
• Perform site assessment and analysis from on-site data collection and off-site network tools.
• Contribute to or write technical papers.
• Perform site-specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVSYST.
• Integrate energy storage systems into the solar PV system.
• Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
• Minimum 5-10 years experience working as a Professional Engineer designing solar arrays.
• Active PE License (TX and CA minimum licensing requirement, with the ability to get licensed in all 50 states.
• Experience and knowledge of the design and construction process of distributed generation, commercial solar PV, and utility-scale solar PV projects.
• Expertise in AutoCAD, drafting, electrical line drawing, reading, and understanding technical specifications and construction documents.
• Proficient in solar design tools and understanding of solar photovoltaic systems
• Understanding of NEC and other building codes
• Sense of urgency for goal achievement and the ability to complete varied activities with multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Entrepreneurial with a problem-solving orientation, open to innovative operating models, and ability to make sound decisions in response to changing conditions.
• Communication - Displays interpersonal solid skills during communication and collaboration with others. Confidently delivers high-quality and polished customer presentations.
• Experience supervising work done in remote locations
• NABCEP certification is a plus.
• Battery Energy Storage System ( BESS) design experience preferred
• Goal-oriented, driven to meet goals in a motivated and self-directed way with limited supervision.
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the country’s largest national independent services company that will provide you with the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), PTO/Holidays, and a company-matching 401(k) Retirement plan.
For immediate consideration, please submit your most current resume.
Pearce Services believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pearce Services is a drug-free company. Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
At PEARCE SERVICES, we've got a career for you. Join the nation’s leading service provider for critical telecom and network infrastructure, renewable energy installations (solar and wind), EV charging stations, and large-scale power generation and batteries. With over 1,800 team members, operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing over 50,000 unique locations nationwide, Pearce provides a comprehensive service experience to our customers by offering a wide range of telecom and renewable energy services and expertise. Pearce’s broad service capabilities and geographic footprint throughout the United States provide an excellent home for field technicians and service professionals to grow and advance their careers. Learn more about Pearce Services at www.Pearce-Services.com and www.Pearce-Renewables.com.