Responsibility for quality control review of engineering projects. Tracks work progress of the various engineering design and construction projects utilizing scheduling software. Reviews change orders, requests for information, field changes, and pay requests. Acts as a project manager for assigned projects. Maintains project management procedures. Works under general supervision. Requires experience in municipal water and wastewater design and construction.
1. Review design plans and specifications for completeness and accuracy as a quality control function. Coordinates questions and comments on same with operations groups.
2. Maintain project records utilizing standard forms and standard project correspondence.
3. Reviews requests for information, field changes, and change orders for construction projects. Provides technical support to field inspectors and maintains status, budget and schedule updates for management.
4. Facilitates and leads project design review meetings and construction progress meetings.
5. Provides technical support for tie-ins and shutdowns as needed.
6. Assists and advises the Operations Departments with special projects and operational problems.
1. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and management software.
2. Degree in Civil Engineering or other related field received from an accredited college or university.
3. Professional Engineering Registration in the State of Texas.
4. Experience in water/wastewater process, treatment, pumping and collection, (wastewater) and transmission (water) pipeline design and construction.
5. Experience with surveying layout, coordinate geometry, and right-of-way calculations.
6. Experience utilizing engineering design and project management software.
7. Requires a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Internal Number: Req ID 200
The North Texas Municipal Water District ("NTMWD" or "the District") is a conservation and reclamation district and political subdivision of the State of Texas, created and functioning under Article XVI, Section 59, of the Texas Constitution, pursuant to Chapter 62, Acts of 1951, 52nd Legislature of Texas, Regular Session, as amended (the ACT). An amendment to the NTMWD’s creating ACT by the legislature in 1975, Section 27, authorizes the NTMWD to acquire, treat, and distribute potable water, and to collect, treat and dispose of wastes, both liquid and solid, in order to reduce pollution, conserve and develop the natural resources of Texas