Job Summary: Ensure that processes and operations with the company meet established internal as well as customer and certification related standards for quality and personnel safety. Includes the development, implementation and management of quality procedures as well as continual quality improvement for all processes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee acquisition and renewal of quality related certifications such as FSC, GMI and ISO along with the continual adherence to their standards through internal and external audits
· Ensure quality personnel operations through administration of training and communication of expectations specific to company quality standards
· Analyze tasks and safety for jobs within the production process to ensure quality of production and personnel safety
· Establish, administrate and continually update quality standards for processes, monitoring procedures and attributes for measurement and action plans in the case of an issue
· Develop quality standards for processes and put procedures in practice
· Manage documentation and records related to quality surveillance, improvements and corrective actions
· Work to continually improve quality through small projects, audits, exploration of customer complaints and work with management and department personnel to update and refine current quality procedures and standards
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Decision making and organizational skills
· Strong sense of self-motivation
· Willingness to abide by all company practices and procedures
· Strong understanding of quality management and related processes and tasks
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred, Experience in manufacturing strongly preferred particularly in the print industry
Ability to apply written and verbal instructions to set-up machine and operation
Oversee the quality performance and improvement of operations within the company to ensure personnel safety and continual customer satisfaction
About Millennium Print Group
Millennium Print Group has assembled a dedicated and talented staff of printing professionals. We are customer-focused, market competitive and quality-driven. MPG is best known for being one of the largest producers of Collectible & Trading Cards and related Packaging in the US. Our client list also includes leaders in the Education, Pharmaceutical, Retail and Entertainment industries.
We operate 24/7 in a secure and climate controlled environment.
In Prepress we utilize a Kodak Prinergy workflow for color accuracy, high resolution design and pin point positioning. Our color proofs are generated on a Rolland SOLJET Pro 4 XR-640 Proofing Device. Proofs are created on the very same stock that your project will be printed on. Our Structural Design Team can assist with packaging design and CAD Prototypes.
Our pressroom is equipped with Komori GL-40 six-color, 40” presses, equipped with UV capabilities, closed loop scanning spectrophotometers and comparators on each press and in-line coating units. The Spectro unit both reads the color, dot gain and other criteria while controlling color live. The comparator uses image sensors to scan the printed image during the make-ready sta...ge enabling a comparison of the PDF pre-press file to the press sheet, checking for any possible missing content to ensure a perfect match. Once a sheet is approved, the comparator memorizes that information from the OK sheet and compares all press run scans to the approval sheet (typically every 1000 sheets or less). This state-of-the art feature provides flashing frames of any variance from the OK sheet preventing the outflow of defective sheets and the loss production, press sheets, and the loss of quality associated with this.
When it comes to finishing your project, we have an impressive array of equipment. Our capabilities include Die Cutting, Foil Stamping, Embossing, Saddle-Stitching, Folder / Gluing, Slitting, Round Cornering, Foil-to-Board Laminating just to name a few.
We also have an extensive Direct Mail, Kitting and Assembly Departments where we have automated many of the assembly functions. Our 80,000-square foot Fulfillment Center offers warehousing and logistics support. Our clients can place orders electronically (EDI) and have real time access to their inventory levels, orders and shipments. We are experts in the execution and control of multi-language, multi version projects that deliver to multiple locations throughout the US and the world.