Reporting to the Quality Director, the Product Quality Manager is a hands-on position in Billerica with direct Quality Team reports in the South Hadley, MA office.
This position operates in a fast-paced global environment and requires wearing many hats to meet our dynamic business needs.
In addition to managing direct reports, the Product Quality Manger will act as the subject matter expert and perform Quality-related activities for the Segmented Display Cell (SDC) Product Team and associated activities related to relevant suppliers and contract manufacturers. The position is responsible for driving quality initiatives across multiple sites while providing fast, efficient and effective responses. He or she will work with Supply Chain Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Development and other involved functions to ensure effective product quality management.
The Product Quality Manager will lead with best practices to enable the organization to provide high quality products and services to our customers.
· Manage direct reports in sustaining and improving Quality-related activities including product release, response time to internal and external product quality inquiries and the documentation of product specifications
· Establish priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
· Work with Segmented Product Team to ensure high Quality product performance and with suppliers to ensure all necessary quality and performance management activities are rigorously addressed during NPI and sustaining production
· Actively monitor CM performance – reviewing and reporting on various metrics (i.e., yield and efficiency) and driving necessary improvement and corrective actions efficiently and effectively
· Support and/or perform corrective actions and root cause investigations
· Ensure compliance with ISO-9000 2015 for all quality activitie
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Science discipline with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Quality and a minimum of 5 years’ proven success in a management role
· Full knowledge of Quality tools: 8D, FMEA, Gauge R&R
· Demonstrated use of problem solving tools and DOE
· Demonstrated use of statistics and the ability to conduct and report statistical analyses
· Demonstrated ability to drive inclusive process solutions by collaborating cross-functionally, delivering excellent customer service to colleagues and customers
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Proven success with CMs to ensure necessary quality and performance management activities are rigorously addressed during NPI and sustaining production
· Self-motivated leader, team player and individual contributor with excellent organization and time management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization as well as with external interested parties
· Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
· Auditing experience
· Ability to travel Internationally and domestically as necessary
· Proficiency in Jump
· Experience working in a global manufacturing environment
Founded in 1997 based on research started at the MIT Media Lab, E Ink Corporation is the leading supplier of electronic paper display (EPD) technologies. Products made with E Ink's revolutionary electronic ink possess a paper-like high contrast appearance, ultra-low power consumption and a thin, light form. E Ink's technology is ideal for many consumer and industrial applications spanning handheld devices, watches, clocks and public information and promotional signs. Future technology developments will enable many new applications through ultra-thin, lightweight, rugged, flexible, full color displays. E Ink has commercialized many different forms of "Electronic Paper" solutions over the past ten years. Most recently, Sony, Lexar, Motorola and others have all won prestigious awards for their use of E Ink's technology in their devices. Customers value E Ink's technology for its brightness, high contrast, and low power - attributes that are similar to that of paper. E Ink is currently mass manufacturing high-resolution displays for several electronic books, including the Amazon Kindle & Sony Reader, as well as for signage, watches and other portable devices.